Evaluation of equipment and transport
The assessment is required to determine the production costs of the enterprises of any form of ownership and the right of taxation of profits and property on which it is based business. The rapid development of technical progress, lightning-fast development of innovative technology, functional and physical deterioration, as well as changes in the market lead to the fact that after certain time changes in the market value of machinery and industrial equipment in General.
Market prices for equipment, among other things, also depend on inflation/deflation. These factors reaffirm the need to reassess from time to time of machinery and equipment for the precise determination of their value to the current date.
The range of machines, mechanisms, units, devices that fall under the concept of "machinery and equipment", in practice is extremely wide. In the General, a case is the technological equipment in various industries, energy equipment, all types of materials handling equipment, computer and office equipment, farm equipment, business equipment, military equipment etc. is it Possible to find in these qualitatively different types of machinery and equipment something in common? Yes, you can. This is the methodological techniques of assessment of their market value, known professionals, they have accumulated and honed.
Assessment of equipment can be performed under a separate task (according to the list of equipment provided by the Customer) and to be an integral part of a larger work on the valuation of the property of the company, except when the equipment is also valued real estate, vehicles, intangible assets and other asset types.
The most common cases when you need an independent assessment of machinery and equipment are:
- accounting and tax accounting, for example, for production assets on the balance sheet, the revaluation for accounting purposes or to transfer it in rent;
- valuation of fixed assets of the company to exclusion;
- the transfer of assets as collateral for the loan;
- for presentation in court, for example, in the case of separation the founders of property companies.
In most cases, assessment of machinery and equipment involves the determination of the market value. But in certain cases, the hardware assessment becomes necessary to determine the cost of liquidation, i.e. the price that can be obtained for fixed assets at the time of their disposal (e.g., scrapping).
When the valuation of machinery and equipment, sometimes problems arise with regard to the identification of evaluation sites. Very often the number of objects of evaluation only in one company can be up to several thousand units here can be varied in design, purpose, and characteristics of the instances.
So the procedure of evaluation of machinery and equipment requires a group of the following segments:
- technology (main);
- vehicle (both wheeled vehicles and railway vehicles, vessels and aircraft);
- all office equipment which includes computers and communication technology, industrial, household equipment and furniture.
This classification of equipment has positive aspects from the point of view of the accuracy of estimates, as different methods can be the evaluation. It is advisable to allocate a separate group of obsolete machinery and equipment, i.e. the equipment that is removed from mass production and exact equivalent (in functionality) also does not produce.
Still, it is advisable to separately identify equipment that is not yet installed but designed for this, after all, valuation is not bound by the terms of the existing use. In most cases in a separate group allocated equipment that is not used and will not be used in the future, given its poor technical condition, and its evaluation will be a determination of the cost of liquidation.
Generally, in many cases, when performing the evaluation of movable property (production equipment and vehicles) is required and it is mandatory to perform additional calculations, such as:
- determining the cost of transporting equipment from the manufacturer (dealer) to the customs terminal and/or to the industrial site of the customer;
- calculation of tax and other obligatory payments that accompany crossing the customs border of Ukraine;
- determination of the amount of the costs associated with installation, starting-up, and adjustment works and commissioning of movable property;
- the calculation of the costs of dismantling and disposal of equipment.